the masters west region throws championships will be held on SATURDAY, APRIL 7 & sunday april 8, 2018, AT MCC AND AZDT. this is a fully usatf sanctioned event.
- CHECK IN AND IMPLEMENT INSPECTION AT 7:00 AM. WARM UP AT 7:30 AM. EVENTS BEGIN AT 8:00 AM BOTH DAYS.
- Please print, fill out, and return the entry form and fees from the link below asap.
Entries must be RECEIVED by March 30, 2018. NO LATE OR SAME DAY ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED!!
- at least 1 implement of each size will be provided as a house implement. You are encouraged to bring
your own implements if possible.
- Flights will be listed and times confirmed shortly after the entry deadline on march 30, 2018.
- please email or call if you have any questions. Dave Bickel, email@example.com, (602)571-3600.
New addition to the Masters west region throws pent championships on april 7, 2018!!!
the masters discus invitational
The masters discus invitational will be a single flight of top masters discus throwers to be held upon the completion of the throws pentathlon. this will be sanctioned but will not be a regional championship event!!
The top 12 entries will be accepted for competition based on verifiable marks performed between 1/1/17 and the present. Verifiable simply means a meet director can confirm the mark or the mark is listed on masters rankings. Marks at or beyond the below listed auto qualifying marks are guaranteed to be accepted for competition. the field will then be filled to 12 athletes with the next best marks.
Auto qualifying marks:
Men - 45 meters
women - 36 meters
I wish we could accomodate an unlimited number of entries, however, we have a significant time constraint from the venue.
Please print, fill out, and return the entry form and fees from the link below asap. This is a separate entry form. Entries for this flight of masters discus throwers must be received by february 28, 2018!!
i will only cash the entries that are accepted for competition. if you are not selected to compete, i will void or return your check as directed.
Some anticipated questions:
- can i enter both the throws pent and the masters discus invitational ? - yes
- can i enter just the masters discus invitational ? - yes
- will there likely be accepted entries below the auto qualifying marks? - Hard to say for sure, but i
expect there will be accepted entries below the auto qualifying marks
please email or call if you have questions. Dave Bickel, firstname.lastname@example.org, (602)571-3600.